LEAD News

Leadership and Public Service High Shool

LEAD News

LEAD News

Theater Club Partners With Broadway Bridges

Students Immerse in the World of Theater

In an exciting partnership between Broadway Bridges and the NYC Department of Education, Leadership and Public Service High School scholars can attend Broadway shows at a reduced cost.

The initiative aims to expose students to the magic of theater and ignite their passion for the performing arts.

Broadway Bridges states in their webpage: “By providing the opportunity for schools to purchase Broadway tickets at $10 each, we look to remove the barriers of entry into the world of Broadway.”

Leadership’s Theater Club has seen Moulin Rouge, Hades Town, Aladdin, The Lion King, and SIX this year. The program fosters a love for the arts and inspires future generations of performers, directors, and theater enthusiasts.

“This experience has opened my eyes to a whole new world of creativity and expression,” sophomore Mistarnaelle H. said. “I am grateful to Broadway Bridges for giving us this incredible opportunity.”

Other students said that they have enjoyed seeing Broadway shows with their peers and that it is an enriching after-school outing.  Students who had never been exposed to live theater said seeing a Broadway show left an indelible mark on their hearts and minds. Students are captivated by the music, intricate set designs, powerful storytelling, and the sheer talent of the actors.

Beyond the excitement, students have explored career paths in theater. Ariana, a senior member of the club, is headed to Hunter College in the Fall of 2024 where she plans to study theater.